- 2 - 3 day a week solutions focussed role
- Flexible work (work from home)
- Defined path to become partner
Are you looking for interesting, challengingwork in a flexible environment away from the corporate BS? Do you want to work with great clients? Are you driven to deliver outstanding commercial outcomes? Do you want to be rewarded for providing winning solutions – not hours in the office? Do you have ambitions to become a law firm owner? Then this may be just the role for you!
- 2 - 3 days per week
- Varied commercial work, including advising on capital raising for start-ups and general commercial contracts and advice
- Direct client contact
- Lots of autonomy
- Fun projects including participating in the firm’s Top 20 podcast and the firm’s online tech solution.
Who You are
- At least 4 years solid experience in commercial law
- Excellent drafting skills and the ability to adapt your writing for the appropriate audience
- Able to simplify complex issues and communicate this succinctly
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Team player, yet also independent worker
- Curious and have lots of initiative
- Problem solver
- Comfortable to be stretched and learn new things
- Competitive salary
- Defined path to become a partner in the firm
- Flexible work arrangements (work from home)
- Work with clients who share your values
- Have your birthday off (what's life if you have to work on your birthday!)
$95,000 - $110,000 pa pro-rated + super +commission
Who we are
We are a small team with big ambitions to be Great Small Giants:stay small and deliver big. Our boutique law firm was started by a former “Big Law” lawyer who wanted to find a different way to do law: a way that is better for lawyers and for clients. We choose to work with clients who we like and we are constantly innovating in the way we deliver solutions to our clients. While we have an office in Sydney CBD, we have flexible work arrangements and working from home is the norm. If you want to work in a fast-paced, yet friendly environment, then we may be the right fit for you!
How to apply
Email metis [at] metislaw.com.au with the following:
- "Commercial Lawyer" in the subject header.
- Your CV and cover letter with 3 reasons why you are the right candidate for this role.
- Your LinkedIn profile or website (if you have one) and a contact telephone number.