- 20 hours per week
- Flexible work (work from home)
- Varied, interesting work
Are you a highly organised, have laser sharp attention to detail and proactive? Do you have the skills and savvy to support a small team of legal eagles who help startup Founders and businesses make an impact? Do you want to be involved in fun projects including the firm’s Top 20 podcast and online tech solution?If so, this opportunity may be for you.
We are a small team with big ambitions to be Great Small Giants: stay small and deliver big. Our boutique law firm was started by a former “Big Law” lawyer who wanted to find a
different way to do law: a way that is better for lawyers and for clients. We choose
to work with clients who we like and we are constantly innovating in the way we
deliver solutions to our clients. While we have an office in Sydney CBD, we
have flexible work arrangements and working from home is the norm.
Use your skills and experience to make a meaningful contribution to our clients' success. Learn from and work alongside an experienced and talented legal professional and entrepreneur, and grow and develop your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Who You are
You are an experienced executive / personal assistant with at least 3 years’ experience in a professional environment and in an agile small business environment. You have bookkeeping skills and experience. You will (preferably) be based in Sydney - or close enough that you can easily travel to Sydney CBD occasionally. You thrive in small, agile teams and you love to solve problems. You have excellent attention to detail and love to take charge. You are curious and hungry. You are looking for a role that will enable you to use your organisational and people skills and where you can grow professionally and personally.
The Role – What you’ll be doing
- Email and diary management
- Work to decrease the noise around the MD so she can focus on important matters
- Project manage our firm’s podcast, website and social media (including managing our marketing team and podcast production teams)
- Preparing documents for meetings and general word processing
- Bookkeeping using Xero
- Attending meetings and taking minutes
- Drafting proposals
- Preparing financial and performance reports
- Personal assistance e.g. booking personal appointments, shopping etc
- Other general and personal assistance.
You’ll excel at this role if you have
- 3+ years’ of executive support, reporting to one or more executives in a professional environment and in an agile small business environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Word suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in Xero
- Experience keeping books for a law firm
- Experience with solicitor's trust account highly regarded (but not essential, as we can train you)
- Able to make decisions quickly and independently
- Ability to understand when to ask questions
- Confident research and problem solving skills
- You are personable, trustworthy, punctual and reliable
- Able to pick up new skills quickly(especially learning new tech systems)
- Ability to work independently, and also a team player
- Desire to thrive and curiosity to learn
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
You’ll love working with us because
- Flexible work arrangements (work from home)
- Varied and interesting projects and clients
- We are a team of individuals who love our craft and take our work, but not ourselves, seriously
- Ongoing mentoring and professional growth opportunities
How to apply
Email metis [at] metislaw.com.au with the following:
- "Your next EA star" in the subject header.
- Your CV and cover letter.
- A short video explaining 3 reasons why you are the right candidate for this role.
- Your LinkedIn profile or website (if you have one) and a contact telephone number.